Sunday, December 27, 2009

FishVille Changes; Strategy Guide

Over the past week or so, some various balance changes were made to FishVille:

1) A few weeks ago, tanks no longer required neighbors to purchase and became purchasable on slightly different levels. This was simply a response to the Facebook policy where applications couldn't tie game features to amount of "friends" on the application.

2) Within the past week, tanks capacity was lowered. Tanks now go from 15 to 25 to 40 fish throughout their lifespan (previous was 15-30-50). I think this was simply due to the ease of leveling involved in playing FishVille compared to the other titles.

3) Small gifts now only sell for 29 coins (previously they sold for 1250!) coins. I'm guessing quite a few people made a few hundred thousand coins simply collecting and selling gifts!

The question is - what's in the gifts? If other Zynga games are to be an example, then we can expect a few new items and a lot of already available decorations & plants along with some of the FishVille dollar fish and some free gifts as well.

We'll find out for sure on January 5th!
Digg this

1 comment:

  1. As of last night I still needed to add neighbors in able to buy my 5th tank...so either Facebook reversed that policy, Zynga found a loophole or they're simply blatantly ignoring it.

    I hate these "you have to have x friends for feature y" things. I don't want to have to add a bunch of random facebook people to my list in order to get the features in the game.

    But I understand why they do it. They don't WANT you to go straight to the fishville fan page or zynga forums and add existing players, they want you to recruit the people on your real friends list so they can gain new players and therefore have more potential paying customers for sand dollars.

    The lack of free sand dollars is very distressing. I've gotten a lot of mystery boxes and only a single free sand dollar has ever appeared, yet the amount of premium content is continuing to grow.

    What is the drop rate on sand dollars from mystery boxes? Anyone ever quantified it? I'm guessing its between 1 and 5 percent.

    As for the drop in tank size I don't care that much. 50 was too cluttered anyway, and too much clicking. Did anyone check if leveling XP was scaled, though? I swear I needed something like 130,000 XP to go from one level to the next and then after the change my next level was like 100,000. So that might have ended up in a wash.

    ReplyDelete